The Jim Jarmusch Resource Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarantino?

4 posters

Go down

Tarantino? Empty Tarantino?

Post  Sarabande Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:42 am

Somewhere it is said you are pals. I don't know. But just in case: it's the matter of methabolism. I'm allergic to every instant of Tarantino, because of his concept, his
perception of the world, of what he is himself.

You may be friends, pals, whatever you like.

I accept the Jarmusch world and reject that of your friend Tarantino.

Sorry.
Sarabande
Sarabande

Back to top Go down

Tarantino? Empty Agreed

Post  franiks Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 am

Tarantino has never had an idea that was his own. He's a robber, thief and tailgater of popular cluture

franiks

Back to top Go down

Tarantino? Empty Re: Tarantino?

Post  michael603 Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:53 pm

franiks wrote:Tarantino has never had an idea that was his own. He's a robber, thief and tailgater of popular cluture

That maybe so but Jim Jarmusch himself once said that there is nothing wrong if you steal something from some film ( his was referring to his films) and use it in your film , to quote :

"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery — celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from — it’s where you take them to.”
—Jim Jarmusch, The Golden Rules of Filming

Source : Jim Jarmusch wikipedia page :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jarmusch
michael603
michael603

Back to top Go down

Tarantino? Empty Welcome to our golf world www.mycheapgolf.com

Post  mycheapgolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 am

======= http://www.mycheapgolf.com =======
Welcome to our golf world! Fabulous surprise. Our company has discount activities recent days.Cheap golf clubs, Cheap golf irons and Cheap Golf Drivers are supplied here.

mycheapgolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarabande Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent.

Franiks and I happened to agree because we don't see authenticity in Tarantino...
...if not his ambitions which for that matter are authentic...

Art is a game, it allows pure aesthetic play but that of Tarantino is
insufficient for me. He devours OK and sells very well but there
is not enough personality in it for me or, in other words, it does not
inspire me.
Sarabande
Sarabande

Back to top Go down

Post  michael603 Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 am

Sarabande wrote:
Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent.

Franiks and I happened to agree because we don't see authenticity in Tarantino...
...if not his ambitions which for that matter are authentic...

Art is a game, it allows pure aesthetic play but that of Tarantino is
insufficient for me. He devours OK and sells very well but there
is not enough personality in it for me or, in other words, it does not
inspire me.

For me it's quite opposite. Watching Tarantinos movies has inspired me very much. Don't get me wrong i dislike the violence in his movies , but i like the dialogs between the characters ... like in the Kill Bill (scene Man from Okinawa) , and Reservoir Dogs ( the starting scene where they are all sitting together talking about tips and Madonna ) and Pulp Fiction ( where John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson are talking in the car and in the building) and of course Inglorious Bastards ( the starting scene between the german officer and the french peasant ) .I also like one of his dialogs in one movie that he didn't direct , and that is Takashi Miike's " Sukiyaki Western Django" where the starting scene start's with him.
I think these kind of dialogs you can even see in Jim's movies , like in "Night on earth" and "Mystery train" and "Coffee and Cigarettes" ... that's one reason why i kind of like his work and also why he inspires me .
I would like if you could tell me from which movies did Tarantino stole "his ideas" ... i would like to see those movies and compare them to his work.
michael603
michael603

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarabande Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Hello Dear,

the best side of it is that there happened to be a dilogue. May be not the most artistic one.
The matter is dilogues are not that valuable as you think them to be...
In fact public is more easily attracted by well modelled dilogues. That means, dilogue
is a product sold in the market.
What is not sold is a personality, a thought, an emotion.
All this is a matter of taste...
I know so many people who do not know what cinema is. It is just a marry-go-round for them. They can do without it and if they pay attention to any film it is because of fun they get. How many people go to listen to Vivaldi? That's life.
Dialogues... Why? Cinema is infinite: there is photography, light, colour, sound, music, images, acting, THINKING... silently... There's PERSONALITY.

DEADMAIN ... no dialogue.
PERSONA (Bergman) ... no dialogue.

Cinema which I needed is soon to be no more.
This is the question,as our British friend used to say.

God bless Jim Jarmusch, I'm going to see Deadman tonight again.

Sarabande
Sarabande

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum