The Jim Jarmusch Resource Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yesterday I met Jim Jarmush...

4 posters

Go down

Yesterday I met Jim Jarmush... Empty Yesterday I met Jim Jarmush...

Post  Nicolas Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Yesterday late afternoon, as I left the office and walked to the subway, I saw Jim Jarmush walking in the opposite way...being an old Jim Jarmush fan, there was no mistake, and I couldn't help say hello and exchanged a few words with him...I guess he was in Paris to propose his next movie to distributors...what I said was probably stupid, we took a picture, shook hands and that was it, it last maybe 3 minutes...this is the reason why I registered on this forum, just to share this incredible moment with Jim's films true fans...
Cheers from Paris Wink

Nicolas

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I met Jim Jarmush... Empty Re: Yesterday I met Jim Jarmush...

Post  peter Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Lucky you,
what did you say?

peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:17 pm

Hello Peter,
Well it was very short actually, and I was so surprised...I think it was more or less a monologue from my side...I said I appreciate his films very much, Dead Man above all, and also his influences (The Nouvelle Vague, Jean-Pierre Melville...), that I knew he spent some time in Paris in the 80s watching movies at the Cinematheque...so nothing very interesting for him to hear, but what else can you say in such a situation?

Nicolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Durban Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am

Wow you're so lucky !!
I live in Paris since a little moment (étrange de parler anglais a un français Rolling Eyes ) and it's my favorite director too (Dead man.... I love you ).
Today, i saw that Jarmusch come to Paris 25 november, at Carlier fondation, and the tickets are sell today. I say "wow i'm lucky i can buy a ticket and see Jarmusch, it's a dream !!!!)
5 minutes later, i see on a website : IT'S COMPLETE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't get it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
It's an horrible day, really.... (it's not over : the tickets was sell at one shop : i live at 10 minutes of this shop...)

So, it's an horrible story...

Durban

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeT-23 Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey - good opportunity, and well taken.

What else are you gonna say when spontaneously presented with the chance?

Sorry about your frustration, Durban. Maybe next time, eh?

MikeT-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum