The Jim Jarmusch Resource Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaven, I'm in Heaven, and my heart it skips a beat...

Go down

Heaven, I'm in Heaven, and my heart it skips a beat... Empty Heaven, I'm in Heaven, and my heart it skips a beat...

Post  MikeT-23 Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:49 pm

I have just found this site, and this forum, dedicated to the works of my favourite film director, and I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am.

Well, maybe I can, but before I even try I wish to take my hat off to Ludwig, in Sweden, and praise him on all the work and effort he has put into creating this quite extensive and very informative website. You, Sir, are a tireless champion, and the next time I raise a glass to my lips, it shall be in your honour. Well done.

To find a resource dedicated to the maker of such wonderful movies is like finding an unkown relative. In fact, in this case it is like finding a whole family. I hope to feel quite at home here, knowing I will be able to share my observations with, express my feelings to and ask some questions of people who will have a good idea of what the hell I'm on about!

I have a weekend ahead of me in which I hope to watch one or two from my library, just to feed the need, as it were. I'm thinking Dead Man for sure, but which other one........hmmm.

Two I'm missing are Permanent Vacation and Stranger Than Paradise (although I have seen the latter). Does anyone know if they're available on region 2 format DVD? If so, where's a good source? [I'm aware of the storefront links on here, but not convinced that what's available is region 2, and the prices... a wee bit high].
Also, is Year of the Horse worth getting? I do like Neil Young, but I'm not a fan of music videos, live, tour or otherwise. Is the Jarmuschian touch obvious?

Alright. I may be wearing out my welcome here. Good to meet y'all.

Goodbye, from MikeT in tropical Scotland

MikeT-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum